Tuesday, March 13, 2007

You Can See The Clouds In Front of the Mountains From My Office!

Thoughts on my day:
  • because there was a chance that I might have to stay late for a meeting this evening, I decided to get up early* to go for a run before work as I didn't want to run in the dark after getting home late. Apparently someone is unfamiliar with the concept of "spring forward." I got up at 6:30 a.m. and it was pitch fucking black. But, being the resourceful person that I am, I decided to have my breakfast/make my lunch/do the dishes/pack my bag for work before I ran, thus giving it time to get light out. And I got into work by 9:30 am, which is half an hour earlier than I had expected to.
  • Apparently there is a reason that "free coffee" isn't a listed benefit. I discovered today that apparently the kitchenette on my floor has a coffee maker that is just for show. My hallmates** informed me, when I inquired about the coffee making situation, that "it's just for desperation" and the coffee maker in the main office, three floors below us, is much better... well, you would have to be quite desperate, not to mention very creative, to make coffee on our floor, as there are coffee filters, but no coffee***. So I went to the main office for my morning coffee, but their coffee maker is quite small and since I'm sure that satisfying my coffee dependency by continually making pots of it is not in any of the support staff's job descriptions, when I required an afternoon caffeine jolt****, I made the trip to Timmy Ho's. It's a long, convoluted, subterranean route to the Timmy's... a series of tubes, if you will, not unlike the internets.
  • I'm hoping that walking through said series of tubes to Timmy's, as well as taking the stairs up and down to my 6th floor office a few times a day will counteract the nonstop sitting and snacking that comes along with a computer-based office job, so that I won't gain 50 lbs a minute.
  • I'm listening to the Canucks game on the radio as I compose this posting and this brings up two things: (a) I saw on their website that the Canucks have called up relative cutie Nathan Smith from the Manitoba Moose, and (b) the Canucks are playing the Wild and I can't hear Shorty or Larscheid say the name "Carney" without giggling. I keep picturing a carnie rather than Carney.
  • while waiting for the bus this morning I learned that, apparently, Matt (whoever Matt may be) is ripped and has 3 nipples and someone else "luvs to spooge":
  • After two days at work, I'm interesting in learning how the hell anyone gets anything done when they are working 8 hours a day on things unrelated to blogging and emailing? Anyone have any idea?

*Yeah, I'm as surprised as you are.
**Is that a word?
***There's instant, but I won't dignify that by calling it coffee. Hey, does anyone remember the brief period when Tetley made instant tea? What was up with that?
****as my early afternoon diet Pepsi just wasn't cutting it.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Who doesn't luv to spooge?

And Carnie: hilarious.

Unknown said...

That's an impressive use of linkages.

Would you bring in coffee for your floor's maker? That might help. But then there would be no serious of tubes, and a risk of gaining 50lbs a minute. Which is kinda scary (the series of tubes, that is).