Friday, December 21, 2007

I Have A Lot of Cake in My Life

Did I ever mention that my niece is the most brilliant, most adorable child ever to walk the face of the Earth?

Last night she told me a story. "Once up on a time there was a little girl named Aunt Beth and she had blue eyes and a black and silver shiny necklace. And she had a zipper that went up and hid her necklace and then down and you could see her necklace." Then the up and down of the zipper part of the story repeated for about a half an hour. I think this may have been related to her desire to avoid bedtime.

She also told me about the three birthday cakes she had this year: a flower one at her party with her dad, a Scooby Doo one when they went to visit my aunts & uncles in Montreal and a horse one at her party with her mom. "On my next birthday, I want a cow cake. And the next one, I want a sheep cake. And the next one I want a moose cake. And the next one, I want a snowman cake. [thougthful pause] I have a lot of cake in my life."

Staying at my sister's new place, my bed is a futon mattress on the floor of my niece's room. My sister said to her, "When you get up in the morning, be careful not to step on Aunt Beth." "I won't step on Aunt Beth's bones," she says, "It's not nice to step on people's

When my niece finally went to bed, she wanted everyone else to go to bed too. We told her we wished that we could be so luck as to go to bed, but we had to stay up and do laundry. Oh poor us! We may have neglected to mention that doing laundry involves about 30 seconds of work and 3 hours of Guitar Hero1.

1I have never played Guitar Hero before and I must say that I suck pretty bad. It took me about 27 attempts to get past the first song2. My sister, on the other hand, kicked Slash's ass in a battle. Rock on, Fussness Business3.
2I did, however, rock at "Hit Me With Your Best Shot."
3"Fussness Business" being the name of my sister's band in Guitar Hero. My band is named "Rogue Scientist."

2 comments:

Stacia said...

I can top your adorable niece story. My 4 year old nephew declared to my mom that "girls don't pee because they don't have penises. They only poop because they have butts." While a lot of cake is good, it doesn't top that!

Rebecca said...

That post title would make an awesome blog name!