Sunday, August 19, 2007

I'm pretty sure my iPod is sentient. I usually play it on "shuffle songs" and, having an eclectic mix of artists, you never know what crazy song is going to come out next. But when I'm in an emotionally heightened state, it seems to play songs that are totally appropo to the situation. Like the day that Dani moved out, when I was really dreading going home to our apartment, which was suddenly my apartment, my iPod played a string of songs, most of which I can't remember, save one which epitomized the lot - Lonely Day by System of a Down

And now today, just now, waiting for the bus, my iPod spits out The Dresden Dolls' The Jeep Song and then Elvis Presley's Fools Rush In. The former with lyrics which are appropriate to the point of hilarity, the latter with a title that sums up my sentiments.

OK, so I'm typing this on my Palm Treo1 and now I think my iPod is on to the fact that I'm onto it2. Because it's starting to play songs that don't even remotely apply at all to the situation at hand. The Authority Song by Jimmy Eat World. Bonecracker by Shocore. OK, now it's really gone too far - Van Morrison's Brown-Eyed Girl?? To a girl so arrogant about her blue eyes that she wears eyelash bling? Very funny, iPod, very funny.

Yes, this is actually how my thought process works. My head is a fun place to live.

Update: I'm in the middle of writing tomorrow's blog posting and my iPod chooses to play Heart's What About Love. Which could only be more appropriate if it was my other favourite Heart song - Alone. Bastard3.

1Very slowly, due to the tiny-ness of the keyboard.
2I think my Treo may have sent it a text message.
3That "bastard" was in reference to my iPod. Mostly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm convinced that the clean air of BC has allowed you to bid farewell to your mind without a second thought.

I'll see you in the land of Ice Cream and window dressings!