- a baseball cap - it's plain black with the words "Vancity Enviro VISA" in small red letters on the side (very subtle)... and I needed a new baseball hat!
- a ruler with a calculator in it - who couldn't use one of those?
- a water bottle - you can never have enough water bottles, imho
- a free pen - I don't believe in buying pens... people are always giving them away for free to advertise something or another, so buying pens seems crazy to me.
- another, even cooler free pen - this one is made from biodegradable plastic and biodegradable ink and when you are done with the pen you plant it in the ground and IT GROWS INTO A TREE 'cuz there is a seed inside!!7
So, that's my story about the free stuff.
In other news, I'm still sick. I was coughing and sneezing all freakin' day at work. I'm pretty sure that I must have the plague. Or possibly Ebola. Or possibly plague-infested Ebola viruses.
1OK, I admit it. Produce and shoes. I bought a pair of "pewter" 2coloured flats3 at the Shoe Warehouse. Adorable!
2Not "silver", but "pewter". 'cuz there is *such* a difference!
3That's right, I said "flats." I was able to overcome my love of 27 inch heels and buy a pair of flats. For variety.
4I have *no idea* what Vancity has to do with Greek Day.
5oh ya, in case you were wondering, it turns out, as Dave so wisely predicted, I do not have oral cancer. In case you were worried.
6Crap. It just occurred to me that I never blogged about my recent trip up the Grouse Grind. Here I am writing about applying for a freaking VISA card (*yawn*) and neglecting to mention that I climbed a mountain that is 1.5X the height of the CN Tower. D'oh! Anyhoo, I climbed Grouse Mountain on Friday! Pictures to follow, hopefully... unless I forget to blog it again. I swear, I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached!
7sure, I'm a renter and will be for the forseeable future and so have place to plant a tree. But no matter! Minor details! I love my tree pen!