Saturday, January 05, 2008

One Missed Movie

This Margaret Cho vehicle had such promise - remakes of J-horrors usually scare the bejesus out of me. The Ring gave me nightmares1. The Grudge freaked me the fuck out as well. One Missed Call - oh how I wish it had been One Missed Movie.

There were definitely a few points where this movie made me jump2. But overall it was just cheesy. Cheesy cheesy cheesy. And plot holes. And did I mention the cheesiness? I'm sooo glad this was a free sneak preview and that I didn't actually have to pay for this. I cannot stress this enough - even for a free movie, it was not worth the price of admission.

What the hell was Margaret Cho thinking when she agreed to be in this movie? Did she lose a bet? I bet she lost a bet.

1Yes, that's nightmares, plural.
2And, at one point, scream. But that was totally because Kalev screamed and scared me. Which he will now add a comment to deny and say that I screamed first, but it's totally not true.

3 comments:

Kalev said...

She SO totally screamed first. She's a girl, after all. It's not like I watch all horror movies from behind my sweater and with my fingers in my ears.

Kalev said...

I love you neglect to mention you were DELIRIOUSLY desperate to see this movie since we saw the preview for it probably nearly half a year ago... oh we HAVE to see that, you would say. Meanwhile I was like, no, no we really don't...

Anonymous said...

You had me until "Margaret Cho vehicle" (which would have to be an SVU...thank you, I'll be here all week, try the veal). Unless I haven't been paying attention, she doesn't exactly have a storied career in cinema, does she?