Saturday, December 29, 2007

I'm writing this on the train from Ottawa to Toronto. I'm too cheap to pay to use the VIA Rail internet access1, so I'll post it later. But there's an electrical outlet at every set of seats, so I can actually use my laptop for the whole trip and not worry about the battery dying. It's sweet to be here in the future.

I put together the syllabus for the course I'm teaching in January and gone so far as to start putting together my first lecture. And I've even jotted down a few ideas for assignments2. So I feel like I've actually accomplished something, sort of. So now I can goof off and blog and perhaps take a wee nap as I'm kinda sleepy3. However, I am suffering from a wicked case of writer's block4, so nap time it is! Night!

1but it's nice to know that it's available in case I some day make enough money to both buy a train ticket *and* pay for Internet access.
2It's my first time teaching this course and I'm not in love with the assignments that were given last year, so I'm trying to come up with new ones.
3This may or may not have anything to do with staying up 'til 2 a.m. watching Veronica Mars.
4Which may or may not have anything to do with being distracted by the teenagers sitting next to me, yammering loudly about how they are in the cadets. It's all "drinking game" this and "drinking on army base" that.

No comments: