Thursday, December 27, 2007

Choose My Own Adventure, Ottawa Style!

For my Christmas present, Sarah and Dave offered me a "choose my own Ottawaian adventure." In the interest me not having to carry a bunch o' stuff back on the plane, they gave me some options of fun things to do in Ottawa, including:
I chose: most of the above. I'm unable to go to the National Gallery due to the fact that they have sculpture of a giant spider outside. And you know how I feel about spiders. Museums of Civilization and/or War are out because, um, I'm neither civilized nor war mongering.

Today, Dave had to work today in order to keep us in the style to which we have become accustomed while Sarah & I picked up the cats from the cat spa3, then went to the Canada Science and Technology Museum. The C.S.T.M. kinda made us feel like Canada hasn't done a whole hell of a lot in science and technology that isn't related to snow and/or hockey. Although we did learn that Ernest Rutherford did the work which earned him his 1908 Nobel Prize while in Canada. Which, you know, you think they would have mentioned when we learned about the Rutherford model of the atom in high school and university chemistry classes, given that we went to high school and university in Canada. But whatevs.

After the C.S.T.M., we came home and Sarah made us some super delish veggie sushi. Just like The Eatery, but with much better service. We chain smoked the first four episodes of Veronica Mars, which Sarah has been telling me about forever, but which I had never watched before. Now I'm totally into the mystery and need - and I mean NEED - to find out whodunit. Then we watched the Sens game, followed by the Canucks game - both which had happy endings. And now I be tired. But before I head to bed, I give you me, in a stupid large snowbank. With a pink hat on:

colour_corrected_for_beth

1although not live, since it's sold out. But with PVR-y goodness, we can watch it without pesky commercials
2I can't link to this site, because I am afraid that a picture of the giant spider will be on their site.
3Where they had been living a life of cat luxury while S & D were away for a few days of family Christmas visiting.

5 comments:

Darren Barefoot said...

You should go to the National Gallery. It's a pretty fascinating building, and it has a bunch of the best art in the country. I'd definitely recommend it over the Museum of Civilization (unless there's a cool traveling exhibit there).

Beth said...

But, dude, there is a GIANT spider out in front of the National Gallery. GIANT!

Jay said...

That's some snowbank!

Kalev said...

Why are you only getting into all my favourite TV shows with traitorous other friends of yours?! Traitorous because they are stealing shows we could be watching together.

That's it... I'm making you watch all my favourite TV shows now!

By the way, I can tell you whodunit... but I won't because I'm a nice boy.

Heather said...

Thiss is a great post