Saturday, October 20, 2007

Elizabeth

According to Wikipedia, there are 69 nicknames for Elizabeth:


They kind of cheat by counting "Lili," "Lillie" and "Lily", and "Liz," "Lizz", "Lizzie" and "Lizzy" all as different names, but even still, that's a lot of names. But then they don't have "Bethy" or "Bethie" (which a surprising number of people actually call me, given that I'm 30), but they do have "Bethey," a way I've never, ever seen it spelled. Ever.

And from now on, I think everyone should call me Tetsy. Seriously? Tetsy is a name?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

They missed 'Lizbee', which I have added.

I wonder how they're going to source these badboys?

Anonymous said...

jane? really?

Kalev said...

For a second I thought you were blogging about the awesome Cate Blanchett movie but then I remembered our convo the other night.

I think you mean everyone should call you "Testy." :P

Kalev said...

Jane: not according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joanna

Beth said...

Are you suggesting that Wikipedia disagrees with itself? As Wikipedia is the definitive source of all information, I don't understand how this is possible.

Does. Not. Compute.

Kalev said...

Well I keep looking at your screenshot and I don't see "Jane" listed there, so maybe someone erroneously put it in and then it was taken out?

But seriously no, Wikipedia knows all! It is totally, 100% error-proof. If it lists what *appears* to be contradictory info, it is just briefly listing info from a parallel universe where the info is correct but happens not to agree with the info from our universe. Obviously.

Beth said...

Jane's not in the screenshot - it's been added to the Wikipedia page (along with, inexplicably, Janet & June) since that screenshot was taken.

Kalev said...

Well you should take those down, then, Beth. It IS wikipedia!