Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Land That Vegetables Forgot

Start of our second full day in Calgary. Yes, we start our day at 11:35 am - do you have a problem with that? Actually, we've been up for a little while, feeding our Facebook addictions* and drinking tea and eating brekkie.

Oh ya, so Calgary has totally turned me into an environment-destroying monster. Yesterday when Dave and Justin went out to get us coffee, I forgot to give them my travel mug, so I used my first paper cup of the Roll Up the Rim to Win season**. And today I used the oven (as in the real, full-sized oven) to toast my English muffin. Before you know it I will be driving a stretch SUV.

As for the title of this post, I think you can guess what this means. It's not called Cowtown for nothing, folks. But it's OK, we went to Safeway and bought a bunch o' food. Here's a pic of the fridge when we'd been to the liquor store, but not yet the grocery store. See if you can spot the food in this fridge***:

Also, be sure to check out Dave's list of "things you didn't know about Cowtown" - I'm sure you will find it insightful and informative. Especially the stuff about the boot stores.

*Except Justin, who thinks that all this computer stuff is anti-social and why aren't we all just using messenger pigeons for communication and listening to records?

**For the record, I Rolled Up the Rim to Not Win.

***It's sort of like "Where's Waldo".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pfft.
Ketchup is food!

Or a really thick drink.

It's the best!