Thursday, April 12, 2007

I'm Tired

Like pretty much everyone else in Vancouver today, I'm a walking zombie. Why, you ask? It's very simple - because I stayed up until almost 1 in the morning waiting for the Canucks to finally beat the Stars in game one of their playoff series!! Since I was at a free movie last night, I didn't get to watch (or listen to the radio broadcast of) the regulation-time portion game* - but it's OK, because I got home in time to listen to the almost 4 periods of overtime! For those of you who aren't hockey fans**, a normal hockey game is 3 periods. So the Canucks played more than 2 full hockey games!

A few numbers for you:
And speaking of bed, I'm heading there now! So tired! But I would be remiss if I didn't first inform y'all that the Detroit Red Wings beat the Calgary Flames in the first game of their playoff series. Go Detroit****!
*although I did get to ride on the bus with tonnes of people who were going to the game, since the movie was at a theatre next to GM Place.
**i.e., my American readers

***the longest one ever was 176:30, back in 1936, involving Detroit and the Montreal Maroons.


****or whoever is playing the Flames really. My recently trip to Calgary has made me hate the Flames even more than I did before!

No comments: