Sunday, September 10, 2006

Run for the Cure

Remember back in May when I said I was going to find a nice 5 or 10K race to run in (after watching the Vancouver Marathon and feeling like a total slacker)? As I footnotedly predicted, that idea didn't last too long. But the idea has re-surfaced! Danielle told me about the "Run for the Cure," which raises funds for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. And this time, rather than thinking about it for awhile and talking myself out of it, I've signed up! My goal is to raise $150 - a modest amount, but it's the level at which I don't have to pay the $35 registration fee. And it is for a really good cause! So if you are thinking about giving money for breast cancer research (if even if you weren't thinking of it, but are now), please visit my donations page and make a donation online to help me raise my $150:

My donation page


The race is on October 1st, 2006, so I only have 21 days to train! But I have been running (although not as regularly as I would like) and done some hikes recently, so I'm hoping that signing up for this race will be the motivation I need to keep up with the program!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We donated! Dave and I usually run this one, but we'll be away for it. It is a lot of fun, and it's for an amazing cause. Good luck!!

Beth said...

Thanks Sarah & Dave! And everyone else who has donated and/or is running! It is a good cause and I'm really looking forward to the race!