In the interests of actually getting my thesis revisions done on time, I present you with the list of:
Things I’ve Had to Ban Myself From Doing:
- watching clips of any TV shows on the net
- looking at Mugglenet updates
- reading archives of my favourite blogs
- looking up anything on Internet Movie Database
- playing around on Urban Dictionary
- updating my weblinks page (which gives me easy access to all the things I like to do to procrastinate)
- checking my email more than once per hour
- initiating any conversations on messenger*
- basically anything to do with the internet that doesn’t involve downloading academic papers from the library’s website
- ever buying another black shirt**
OK, I need to get in a solid 2 hours of work before I head out for my friend's birthday dinner... although I do think I should call my sister, clean my kitchen and check out the archives of all my favourite blogs....
*I will, however, chat if someone messages me… it could be something important that they need to talk to me about!
**this has nothing to do with procrastinating… I just own way too many black shirts and way too few shirts with actual colour in them!
***Bandwagon jumper -- I'm guilty as charged!