Monday, March 20, 2006

Messy Bessy

I'm reading Life, the Universe and Everything and come across this passage:

The mess is extraordinary, and has to be seen to be believed, but if you don't have any particular need to believe it, then don't go and look because you won't enjoy it.

Which, coincidentally, is an exact perfect description of my apartment. But seeing as Sarah & Dave will be here in just 22 days, I better do something about it! Of course, I really should be marking the assignments that my students handed in a week ago that I haven't even looked at because I so don't want to have to mark them. Which explains why I was reading LtUaE and am now blogging about it. I'm not procrastinating, you're procrastinating. Get back to work, you!

3 comments:

Jay said...

Cleaning is for husbands. Boo.

Beth said...

Jay, you are the best!

Anonymous said...

That book rocks.

Too bad people can never get enough and make stupid requests...

Hence Mostly Harmless.

My word verification word is smenita which sounds like a Swedish maid from Spain.