Thursday, November 24, 2005

One down, one to go

Had a nice trip to Montreal yesterday to meet with my potential post doc supervisor. He seemed very nice, the facilities are excellent (lots of fun new toys that I would get to play with -- X-ray, DEXA, CT, histomorphometry set up, genetic knockout mice... good times). The lab was a lot smaller than I was anticipating (currently 2 post docs, 2 lab techs), which would mean more supervisor face time than in a huge lab. Unfortunately I didn't get to talk directly with the 2 post docs as one wasn't there and the other was in the middle of something, so I only have the supervisor's word that he's easy going and reasonable to work with (it would have been nice to hear from the people who work for him on that, but c'est la vie).

In related news, I received my itinerary for my trip to Stanford next week. I get to go to 3 airports that I've never been to before! (I stop at Portland on the way there, arrive at San Jose; on the way back, I stop at Sea/Tac). I'll let y'all know how that trip goes!

No comments: